Frequently Asked Questions



We know you may have questions about our foundation pathways and studying at The University of Nottingham - please see below some of the most frequently asked questions and our answers.

  Students in Trent courtyard


Subject pathways and learning

What subjects can I study?

The University of Nottingham offers a variety of subject pathways which may provide progression onto most subject areas within the University:

UK/EU students

International students

*Taught by Faculty of Engineering staff at The University of Nottingham. Recruitment is managed by our partner, The University of Nottingham International College.

How will I learn and be assessed?
Our foundation courses are designed to provide you with the required skills to excel in your undergraduate studies. This could comprise of a combination of lectures, workshops, tutorials and projects. Most of our pathways are assessed through examinations and coursework.
Which undergraduate courses can I study after my foundation year?

Most of our undergraduate courses can be accessed via our foundation programme pathways. For more detailed information, please visit the online prospectus:

UK/EU students

International students



Academic and English entry requirements

What are the entry requirements?

For UK and EU students we require A level grades of BBB to study on all our foundation pathways with the exception of our Arts and Humanities Foundation Year course where we require BCC. Other pathways may require certain subjects, for more detailed information please visit the online prospectus.

For entry requirements for international students please contact The University of Nottingham International College.

UK/EU students

International students

How do I apply?

How to make your application is determined by where you are applying from:


Fees and funding

What are the tuition fees?

Standard tuition fees apply for UK and EU students, please see our tuition fees table.

Fees for international students can be found at The University of Nottingham International College.




What are my accommodation options?

You will be guided through a range of accommodation options when you receive your offer.

Usually accommodation includes: Wi-Fi internet connection, a launderette, a communal cleaning service and 24-hour security.

If you wish to live more independently, you will be offered support in finding private, rented accommodation.




How do I apply for a visa to study in the UK?

Information to help you apply for a visa is available on the UK Government website. Alternatively you can contact an adviser at The University of Nottingham International College.



Other questions

My question isn't answered here, what can I do?

UK and EU students can contact the student enquiry centre who will be able to answer any of your general questions about studying and living in Nottingham.

International students can contact The University of Nottingham International College.






Student Recruitment Support Hub

+44 (0) 115 951 5559
Frequently asked questions
Make an enquiry