Why choose a doctoral training programme?
Doctoral training programmes are usually funded by research councils and all offer funding to postgraduate students (allocated on a competitive basis).
Access strong collaborations with industry
- Doctoral training programmes work closely with employers and as a postgraduate student in a programme you will have many opportunities to develop an understanding of the application of your research outside of university.
- This might involve a short-term work placement or internship, a longer-term research placement, a showcase event or a training day where you work on a real-life business project.
Collaborate with multiple institutions
- Many doctoral training programmes are tackling the big research questions of today by grouping together in consortia with a number of leading institutions and/or research institutes and industry organisations.
- Being part of a doctoral training programme can mean that you are benefiting from the research expertise and training and development opportunities of a number of leading research-intensive universities.
Access integrated research training programmes
- A doctoral training programme doctorate offers a comprehensive research programme which will help you to develop the research and transferable skills you need for your career.
- The strength of the training programme equips you for careers in industry, academia and research.
Make international connections
- Two of our doctoral training programmes have connections to our international campuses in China and Malaysia through research projects or international placement programmes.
- This means that, as a postgraduate student in these these doctoral training programmes doctoral training programmes, you could have the opportunity to carry out some of your research abroad or participate in an international placement programme.
Be part of highly competitive and prestigious research groups
- Doctoral training programmes are designed to attract the brightest and the best students who will work at the cutting-edge of research.